Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:49 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 1820 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:15 pm 

joergl wrote:
Hi PeeBee

have you tried to install the Twonky 4.4.17 for LS Pro? I don't have a LS Pro available at the moment but please keep me in the loop (PM or posting here) if this Twonky will not work.

Cheers
Joerg

Hi Joerg

I have tried 4.4.11, 15 & 17 and all give the same "zombie processes" problem (which can only be overcome apparently by leaving PCast running on the Live, but which isn't on the Pro).

Thanks for any help you can give

PB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:01 pm 
Total Newbie

Experiencing the same zombie problem on pro. Is there a solution?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:43 pm 

None that I have found yet. The fix only seems to work for the Live.

PB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:47 pm 
Developer

I tested all the recent versions on my developer LS Pro (FW: jtymod) and also had those zombie processes for the versions above 4.4.6. Version 4.4.6 runs very stable for me, the more recent versions usually crash. Sometimes I could get them running, but if I had to restart twonky (during config etc.) the pain would start again.

The most recent 5.1.07-dev (beta) version seems to be stable again (more than 2 days :up: ).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:02 pm 

Hi Georg

Seen you over on the Twonky forum. Just about to try 5.1.0.7 Beta.

[Edit: it works but seems quite heavy on the processor - jumps to 99% whenever I navigate using the browser. Now I need to work out how to edit the navigation tree xml files.]

PB

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:03 pm 

Well, TMS 5.1.0.7 Beta is pretty useless on my Linkstation Pro (v2 with opened stock FW 1.15)!

When running but doing nothing it uses about 30-35% CPU using top. If I rebuild the database it jumps to 99%+.

It does the same if I open the Twonky web browser on my PC and takes ages to go from Music to the next menu. If I then choose a view such as By Folder, it takes about a minute to give me a folder list. Opening a lower level folder doesn't take too long but then selecting a song takes about a minute to open the player window, then another minute to start playing the song. Only when the song starts does the CPU drop to 30-35% again.

When trying to stream directly to my TV, or via my PS3 to the TV, this is totally unworkable as they both give up the ghost with DLNA errors long before the LS Pro starts serving the song.

Georg, how does this compare with your installation?

PB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:27 am 
Total Newbie

I'm upgrading Twonky on my NAS from 4.4.5 to 4.4.17. I replace the whole folder and copy the mediaserver.ini file. Everything went fine. My settings has been migrated, but the license not. When I access to the Web config pages, it asks for a license number. Is there any way to migrate the license from my previous installation?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:11 pm 

shagui wrote:
I'm upgrading Twonky on my NAS from 4.4.5 to 4.4.17. I replace the whole folder and copy the mediaserver.ini file. Everything went fine. My settings has been migrated, but the license not. When I access to the Web config pages, it asks for a license number. Is there any way to migrate the license from my previous installation?

Hi

I posted a response to this over on the Twonky forum - look for cdkey=xxxx in the ini file from your old installation and then enter it on your new config page.

PB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:29 pm 
Developer

PeeBee, meanwhile I'm testing the 5.1.08 (labeled with "RC") just today I tried browsing the video folder from my TV, but what I got was the same structure as on the music tree. Switching back to the top level, back to video, same thing. Only way to prevent it was to actually browse the music tree, then the video tree. However then I switched to the "directory" tree and directly saw all movies of one dir/folder instead of my folder structure. Only when I visited another tree type (e.g by "date") and went back to the "directory" tree everything was as it should be. Then it didn't play the movie files that worked a couple of days ago.

Well, "RC" is maybe a bit ambitious. ;)

Doing the same post at the Twonky forum....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:49 am 
Total Newbie

Just a quick message to say thank you for this post. Installing Twonky was way beyong my technical knowledge and I've never touched Linux. I didn't even know what a tar was!

I'm just waiting for the server to start and away I go. Just a pity I had to reinstall after updating the firmware to solve a technical issue. I hope the version I installed works????

May I just say the Buffalo customer service experience was outstanding. NOt sure yet if the update will solve the auto-shutdown issue with the NAS but I'll just have to wait and see.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:55 pm 

New v4.4.18 seems to work OK on my LS Pro with no zombie processes being created!

Download it from TwonkyForum.

PB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:43 am 
Total Newbie

Does anyone know how to enable the use of my scanner on the network? I have an MP160 printer/scanner. The print server works great but cant use the scanner without plugging it back in directly to the PC.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:18 am 

ravey81 wrote:
Does anyone know how to enable the use of my scanner on the network? I have an MP160 printer/scanner. The print server works great but cant use the scanner without plugging it back in directly to the PC.

This is a bit off topic for this thread - try talking to aplesch in this thread as he was planning on doing something similar. As he produced a great tutorial on how to get a print server working on the LS Pro I wouldn't bet against him managing it!

PB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:06 pm 

Just reread all 16 pages and still having no luck......

Ive got a Linkstation Live v1 and its got a fresh install of FW 2.11beta. Im trying to get any form of UPNP working on my Playstation 3 (v2.80 FW).
Ive tried PCCAST but PS3 doesnt detect it. On my PC I have got XBMC and this can find the UPNP stream and happily play files via it.
Installed Twonky 4.4.6 (for LS PRO) as everyone seems to recommend that build, but PS3 cant find it. XBMC is fine with it.
Tried Twonky 4.4.11 (for LS PRO). PS3 cant find but XBMC is fine.
Tried Twonky 4.4.18(for LS PRO). PS3 cant find but XBMC is fine with it.

People have suggested that the PRO version of Twonky works fine on the Live.....so tried that....but nothign works

To prove im not going insane, I installed the PC version of Twonky on my laptop, and the PS3 can see that happily.

So Twonky is happily on the Linkstation (I assume as XMBC can view films from it), but the PS3 cant see it.

Any ideas folks?
Girlfriend is ill at the minute, so trying to get Twonky setup so she can watch some films while in bed poorly.....as she is bored silly!

Mat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:39 am 

Hi PeeBee
Hi All

many thanks for your posting and the link to Twonky 4.4.18.
I tried it on my box and now Twonky is working perfect even if PCast is deactivated.

Cheers
Joerg

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 1820 Next