Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1921 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:17 am 
Site Admin

lb_worm wrote:
I need to speak to my test rabbit (mindbender) about my auto repartition mode too.

ready for killing my LS Pro`s hdd, sir.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:53 pm 

Got to love that rascally rabbit Laughing

Last edited by Shadowtester on Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

mindbender wrote:
ready for killing my LS Pro`s hdd, sir.

ACE! I will prime you again shortly with some code to test.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:58 am 
Total Newbie

I'm having some trouble installing this. Here's the general sequence I've gone through a few times (I've tried variations, but this sounds the most correct to me):

1. Start from stock firmware
2. Install telnet-enabled 1.03rev2 firmware, restart
3. Clear root password, log in, edit /etc/linkstation_version to bump the build date down a day
4. Run freelink updater tool.
5. Watch as it transfers a few things. About three quarters of the way through what looks like the rootfs (~80M file), it slows way way down.
6. Cry when I get a dialog saying "LS-GL906 returns an error. (ACP_STATE_FAILURE). Updating is aborted."

If I log in and watch what goes on in /boot, the slowing-down of the transfer coincides with the disappearance of /boot/received_firmware.tmp

I saw earlier in this thread, that this error occurs from a full /boot, but it's starting out with only the normal files (10.8M of data), and received_firmware.tmp disappears when the partition is only up to about 40% full.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:23 am 
Site Admin

i recommend to install the initrd at first ONLY.
also do NOT install "BOOT"...it is the only way to render your box useless if it fails.

left click on the 2 yellow rings on the top left of the updater and choose "debug".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

I have add a safe guard on the initrd now to prevent flash updates unless un-locked. Will try and push this out soon for you to test. Tidying up kernel at present.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:55 pm 
Total Newbie

OK, I finally managed to get it to work, but I'm not sure what changed. I'm wondering if it was maybe just a timeout that was occurring due to a slow transfer (I was running windows inside a virtual machine to do the update).

Thanks for an awesome firmware setup!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

Great, hope you enjoy :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:50 pm 

i am really newbie to linkstation products , i have just heard about it , and i`d like to know if after install freelink i can compile my own kernel. I need some patches to the jobs the box will be doing. Thanks :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:27 am 

Copy LiveLock,

I also fighting with my SB3 and LS-PRO at the moment. I saw that you are success at last ...
Would you mind to summarise once again how to put SLIMSERVER to be executed on LS-PRO in summary ?

I have followed some other guys suggestion last night, but finally I got LS-PRO to compaint out of space to write on mount point /usr/lib .... Does not have a clue .....

Moreover, my LS-PRO already equipped as FreeLink v1.0 (arm9) rev2 released at the moment.

Lamma

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:40 am 

Copy LiveLock,

If I follow your steps from a) to k) and download the updated MySQL to reinstall it in order to make SlimServer running without problem. What about to re-complie 6.5.1 ? Can talk more about this such as the steps ?

Lamma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:26 pm 

installed freelink but cannot run updates and get "permision denied" viewing files logging in as root. apt-get update does not work ,get "no file or directory" for each file. when i try to look at etc/resolv.conf i get permission denied. any ideas of what is wrong?

UPDATE: downloading updates atm ,just booted it up and worked straight off. not sure what original problem was but all ok now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

Has some root issues. If you have logged on as another user, type su - and then enter the password for root. apt-get etc should work fine then.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:52 pm 
Betatester

ERRORR !
I have Installed FreeLink_arm9-1.0rev2 img, after rebooting i can not connect to my LS-PRO over WEB-Interface (ip and Name) and Buffalo LS-GL updater say´s LS-GL not found.
I can ping my LS-GL and i can connect via Putty (SSH) what can i do to find my LS-GL.
what is wrong with my Image Installation?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:07 pm 

pezhy wrote:
ERRORR !
I have Installed FreeLink_arm9-1.0rev2 img, after rebooting i can not connect to my LS-PRO over WEB-Interface (ip and Name) and Buffalo LS-GL updater say´s LS-GL not found.
I can ping my LS-GL and i can connect via Putty (SSH) what can i do to find my LS-GL.
what is wrong with my Image Installation?

FreeLink has not a Webinterface. Connect via SSH and install Webmin.

Read the Wiki to reflash original Fiemware if you don't like FreeLink.

Salve
FwvG

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1921 Next