Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:02 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:42 am 
Total Newbie

Hi all,

I followed the installation as in the second post, with LS-GL-103.2-fixed.zip using the Updater and updating the firmware coming in the zip.

when Linkstation rebooted, suddenly the error link switched on, and keep on.
Update installer cannot find anymore the box, I cannot telnet or access..........

I guess something going wrong durin update, but now, don't know how to recover it !!!!

any help please !!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:31 am 

wich box do you have?
im a completely newbie at this maybe im wrong but it looks like u flashed BOOT and the box cant even go into em mode..

in your situation i would try to upgrade the linkstation with the latest buffalo firmware, if it still doesnt find the linkstation ..
i recommend you running a ping scan against 192.168.*.* just to be sure that your linkstation is not responding, you can do this with nmap or any other tools available. if its really not responding at this point my next step would be using a serial cable connected to linkstation and using the windows hyperterminal connect to it to look whats happening.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:35 am 
Total Newbie

i hope helps anyone who found themselves, like me, with a ACP_STATE_FAILURE when trying to flash their rom in an effort to recover a dead terastation

I was on the verge of losing so many things on my failed terastation live - tech support sent me an rma but when i switched out the drives i still got the dreaded ACP_STATE_FAILURE

i went through a lot of forums and did the whole reset of root password and telnet in from my suse linux box. what finnaly got my data back was to pull the 4 drives out, i plugged them in order along my MB's sata controllers - bought a 80$ USD copy of UFS Explorer, created a virtual partition array (64kb stripe, raid 5, left sym), added the 246GB partitions in this order: 1 3 2 4 and my data was there.

Good luck

Ben

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:25 pm 

Well,

I went through lots of threads, but still I don't know how to start bringing my LS back to live. :oops:

I am not too much into Linux.
I tried this: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=57224 with a brand new LS live.
Install went through, but ended with an unknown error.
Now I want to go back to the original firmware (or try to do the process again), but the updater can't find the LS anymore. I have edited the ini-file (VersionCheck = 0).
Power light is on (not blinking), Network light is on (blinking when traffic), all other LEDs are off, the LS is answering to a ping request. I can't access the web interface, the NASNavigator2 does find the LS, saying it is in EM Mode.
Oh yes, and I am frustrated as hell :oops:

What's the next thing I should try? Any help appreciated...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:54 pm 
Total Newbie

Now that you can see the LS in NASNavigator and can see that the LS is in EM mode, follow these instructions to run TFTP:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/b ... ad.id=9312

Once you can see that TFTP has retrieved two files, try LSUpdater again to flash with stock firmware.

aboutblank wrote:
Well,

I went through lots of threads, but still I don't know how to start bringing my LS back to live. :oops:

I am not too much into Linux.
I tried this: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=57224 with a brand new LS live.
Install went through, but ended with an unknown error.
Now I want to go back to the original firmware (or try to do the process again), but the updater can't find the LS anymore. I have edited the ini-file (VersionCheck = 0).
Power light is on (not blinking), Network light is on (blinking when traffic), all other LEDs are off, the LS is answering to a ping request. I can't access the web interface, the NASNavigator2 does find the LS, saying it is in EM Mode.
Oh yes, and I am frustrated as hell :oops:

What's the next thing I should try? Any help appreciated...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:08 am 

Well, didn't work for me.
BUT, what I found out: Seems that http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=57224 turned my LS live into a LS pro. Result: The liveUpdater wasn't able to find the LS anymore, but the pro Updater. So I replaced the lsupdater.exe in the live folder with that one from pro folder and managed to flash original firmware.
Finally the LS is "as new".

(whoever reads this: it might break your LS, ... on your own risk)