Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

I managed to compile w/ the package two ways. I either will install the devtools package to / and compile/package programs to install later, or I install to /mnt/disk1/opt and adjust the paths.

P.S. Heinz, I'm working on changing the PREFIX, but it'll take some time.

@mindbender, The link now should be fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

jonli447 wrote:
@mindbender, The link now should be fixed.

nice.

we should mention somewhere how both installation methods work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:40 am 
Betatester

jonli447 wrote:
P.S. Heinz, I'm working on changing the PREFIX, but it'll take some time.

This sounds good. Currently my Internet access is limited... so it doesn't matter if it take a few more days ...
Heinz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

It'll take a significant amount of time. release v0.20 will contain the fixes. That release won't be finished until OpenLink is released. I have planned in the roadmap for a complete glibc-2.4 upgrade to stay in line with Debian (unstable).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:17 pm 

Hi all,

how to get the latest dev-tool 0_16-8. As I have read, the download is PW restricted, and 0_16-3 doesn't seem to be available anymore (although stated on the WIKI otherwise).

I want to compile some stuff on the jytmod5 Version of the stock firmware. Especially as APCUPSD is already in there, I want to add SNMP support for that (have done that already for the LS2).
And want to add some more tools, like iadyn, udhcpd, etc.

So, waht's the status of the dev-tools, and kernel-modules ?

Thanks,
kind regards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:03 pm 
Site Admin

nobody0472 wrote:
So, waht's the status of the dev-tools, and kernel-modules ?

The status is null at the moment. All efforts are being placed towards building a newer kernel. With the newer kernel will come a newer glibc w/ better general support. So, the devtools, OpenLink projects are haulted until then.

As for downloading the devtools package....follow the wiki directions here....and PM me.: http://buffalo.nas-central.org/index.php?title=BetaTesters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:58 pm 

HI all,

I have installed the 0_16-8 armtools in /opt (which is symlinked to /mnt/disk1/opt).
After modifying the following system-variables, as described by 'jonli' compilation works very well:

LIBRARY_PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, C_INCLUDE_PATH, PATH

As lb_worm has pointed out, the /etc/profile file is the correct way, to add the needed paths.
Works great. If needed I can at least write instructions on how to install the tools.

More specific (maybe offtopic here):
So, what I have compiled:

UDHCP => dhcp Daemon and client, which can also be included in Busybox
NET-SNMP 5.3.0.1 => SNMP client & Daemon (including agent)
IADYN => Dynamic DNS client

All of them seem to work. As some have asked for the SNMP stuff already, where & how to put them, so that the others can download ?

Is there a way to just provide make&install tools, so that they can do a ' make install' ?

Thanks,
kind regards

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:20 pm 
Site Admin

first, I'd just tar up the binaries, not the sources. You can often use "make DESTDIR=<package dir> install" or "make INSTALL_PREFIX=<package dir> install" to install the binaries to a package directory. Then just tar it up. :)

I will send you a PM later this afternoon with upload details.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:02 pm 

Update:
We got some problems with the gcc, when compiling some packages.

we have a: arg 1 of 'strncmp' differ in signedness

This holds for several string-functions. I have found, that this is a known issue with gcc 4.
I have found, that especially for signed/unsigned chars this is a well known problem.

In most cases, people have changed the code to work around that. Are there other possibilities, or can we do anything on the gcc or devtools to fix it ?

Thanks,
kind regards

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

perhaps...if you send a page where the known issue is in gcc 4....perhaps then it can be patched. Or a series of sed commands on the gcc sources perhaps too.

By the way, the devtools package will become obsolete once a newer kernel and glibc are ported. I do need to have a list of all major errors and gcc problems, so please ping this topic with whatever you find.

EDIT: Bugs (and possible fixes) should be reported in the BugTracker...Thx.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:17 am 
Site Admin

Just for let people know, as people have asked me either personally, or indirectly in other threads:

I have stalled my efforts for the devtools project until a 2.6.16+ kernel and new glibc (2.4) is ported to the ls-pro platform (the glibc port meaning for stock/openlink firmwares....not FreeLink or GenLink). The reason is the stock firmware uses a development glibc and a non-standard gcc in order to can experiment new Arm abi (eabi) support. The eabi is fully supported in linux-2.6.16 and in glibc-2.4+ . I personally believe its better to produce a cleaner set of tools w/ clean/full eabi support, and to remove all the development/experimental stuff. I hope you all understand my reasons for delaying my "arm-tools" project.

I am aware that the latest package found in the DEV section does not compile everything correctly. The list of bugs include partially broken includes, bison, libtool, and seg-faults cause by gcc. Some of the issues can/have been fixed in various other threads. Time permitting, I may produce an intermittent release of arm-tools (pre "clean" release) that will include fixes that I and others have discovered.

Also, I know some have expressed confusion with the arm-tools package as to when it ought to be used. The package is primarily designed for the stock, modified-stock, and OpenLink firmwares. FreeLink and GenLink use different toolchains, and consequently have there own accompanying native toolsets (devtools). There are some similarities among the three major variants in their toolchains (i.e. current GenLink uses stock glibc), but users should use toolchains designed for the specific firmware as each firmwares are different operating systems.

I appreciated the community's understanding and express my apologies for the inconveniences. :)

Thanks and Kindest Regards,

Jon aka jonli447

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:51 am 
Site Admin

I am considering adding an ocaml optional compiler (for mldonkey users) as well to the "intermittent" and final release of arm-tools. I admittedly am not too familiar with the ocaml language (never wrote anything in ocaml before nor never compiled it myself), so I will need the proper sources plus config for a native ocaml compiler to get that working. Thanks. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

@khisanth, can you please post the errors you found in the latest arm-tools package here or in the bugtracker? I am thinking of putting together the "intermittent" release together in for you and others. Also, w/ the new kuropro's release...it would be a good idea to have a more stable arm-tools package for the glibc they provide (same as lspro stock).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:57 am 

Hi,

yesterday I wanted to compile the libupnp-1.4.3 with the native tool-chain.
When doing the ./configure, I received an error, that the c++ preprocessor
fails the sanity check...

The logfile told me that it could not locate "limits.h"...

Quote:
configure:6265: result: gcc3
configure:6292: checking how to run the C++ preprocessor
configure:6328: g++ -E conftest.cpp
In file included from /mnt/disk1/opt/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/armv5tejl-unknown-linux-gnueabi/4.1.1/include/syslimits.h:7,
from /mnt/disk1/opt/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/armv5tejl-unknown-linux-gnueabi/4.1.1/include/limits.h:11,
from conftest.cpp:32:
/mnt/disk1/opt/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/armv5tejl-unknown-linux-gnueabi/4.1.1/include/limits.h:122:61: error: no include path in which to search for limits.h
configure:6334: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:

Quote:
| /* end confdefs.h. */
| #ifdef __STDC__
| # include <limits.h>
| #else
| # include <assert.h>
| #endif
| Syntax error
configure:6447: /lib/cpp conftest.cpp
./configure: line 1: /lib/cpp: No such file or directory
configure:6453: $? = 127
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h. */

Is there anything in the toolchain missing that I need to install before I can
build this library, or am I doing something completely dumb Wink

Best regards,
Tobias

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:16 pm 
Site Admin

I'll take a look at it. Please post the bug in the bugtracker. :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next