Hello to everyone! This is my first post, I hope you can help me with a problem I'm having with this NAS.
All the problem started when the factory drive died. I got the NAS without drive at all. So I tried installing a new drive but found I couldn't make it boot.
After reading several posts and tutorials I still couldn't update the firmware... What am I doing wrong??
This is my scenario:
- Now doing some tests with an old samsung 320 Gb drive (No partitions at all). If it works I will replicate all the steps on a new 2 or 3 Tb drive.
- The NAS boots for a few seconds and after that I get the 7 red led flashes.
- Already upload the kernel via TFTP (It gets the two files), after that, it reboots but gets again into the 7 red led flashes.
- As a side note I can ping the NAS while it is flashing fast white, but when it's red it does not reply at all
- My PC is configured as 192.168.11.1 and the NAS always has 192.168.11.150
- It does exactly the same if I have no HDD installed.
Following one of the guides, it says after the TFTP push it should reboot and I have to update the firmware, but at this point I open LSUpdater but I get the error message "LinkStation that need updating wasn't found". Please note I've tried this step with the red led blinking and also with the fast white (when ping responds ok).
I don't know what else to do...
I hope you can help me!
Thanks in advance!