Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 6:30 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:16 pm 
Total Newbie

Hi,

We have an LS-QL/R5 that I'd like to mount AFP shares from the terminal on Ubunutu 12.04 so I can perform gnu cpio copies from it.

The shares can be mounted on Ubuntu through the "Nautilus" gui file manager, however I'm unable to discover where they are mounted.

"Properties" for the Nautilus-mounted share is showing "afp://anonymous@LS-QLxxx.local/[share]/" (where xx is the first three characters of the NAS MAC address). I've read it should be accessible through "/users/[user]/.gvfs", but it isn't showing up there.

I've installed a patched afpfs-ng (to fix a time-out bug) from a ppa, and this cleared up the first issue I encountered with mount_afp commands (timing out).

However I'm still having trouble with the user and/or command syntax.

When I use "sudo mount_afp afp://guest@[ip/share] /mnt/[mountpoint]", or ""sudo mount_afp afp://anonymous@[ip/share] /mnt/[mountpoint]", it is asking for a password.

Note the NAS share I'm trying to mount is configured through the web admin with "Access Restrictions" disabled, and the default "guest" user does not have an assigned password (AFAIK).

There is also supposed to be a "-v No User Authent" flag that may be used with the "afp_client mount" command, but I have yet to find real-world examples of how this command is configured. It may be worth noting that on our macs, the share is listed as "afp://;AUTH=No%20User%20Authent@LS-QL[xxx].local./[share]". (the ";" before AUTH and "." after "local" aren't typo's). Trying to plug this into the Ubuntu CLI hasn't worked either.

When I use "sudo mount_afp afp://admin:[adminpw]@[ip/share] /mnt/[mountpoint]", I'm not getting authentication errors, but immediate "Connection dropped".

Has anyone been able to do this?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:00 am 
Total Newbie

What is the solution What to do.