Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:03 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:59 am 
Total Newbie

Thought I would revitalise my old dead LS2 HD250 by giving it a new fan and turning it into a Debian server. Everything powered up but I was unable to flash the Freelink firmware. The process commences - "Saving settings" then moved on to "Transferring firmware" but the progress bar suddenly jumped from about half way to the end and announced "Firmware update failed".
This was not the erroneous message reported in the instructions because the LS2 wasn't working. I tried flashing with OpenLink and this completed and worked perfectly. The transfer firmware bar progressed to the end and continued and with the next step of the installation.
I tried to flash with Freelink again but with the same failure. I tried "updating" to the stock Linkstation firmware (2.33) which installed correctly. I tried again with the Freelink firmware and yet again it aborted mid installation.

Does anyone know if there is a hardware specific issues with the Freelink firmware or if I need to make other adjustments before starting the update.

Many thanks for suggestions and advice.