Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ushare binaries updated
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

http://hvkls.dyndns.org/downloads/docum ... bupnp.html

v8: A runlevel 3 start script for Terastations has been added, libupnp, libixml, libthreadutil been updated, ushare been recompiled to eliminate possible problems.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:57 am 

It appears you have added some rc?.d folders (including the rc3.d one) directly under /etc rather than under /etc/rc.d.

There is also a problem if you enable the dlna compliance option in that you get error messages when you try and start up ushare of the form:
Code:
 root@DJW-TV3:/mnt/disk1/share1/ushare# /usr/local/bin/ushare: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3.4' not found (required by /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.so.0d)
 /usr/local/bin/ushare: /lib/libpthread.so.0: version `GLIBC_2.3.4' not found (required by /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.so.0d)

It looks as if the libavcodec file still requires a version of GLIBC later than the one (2.3.2) included as standard on TeraStations. Having said that I guess I need to check one of my LinkStations to see what version of libc is included in OpenLink.

If I manage to compile up a version of this library that works with lib_2.3.2 do you want me to forward it to you or simply put it up on my web site? The alternative might be to see if there is a debian serge variant available already compiled.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

The /etc/rc.[1-6] folders are Debian specific; there are (or should be) additional files in /etc/rc.d/[1-6]/, so it should work anywhere.

It would be great if you could compile libavcodec0d (Debian name; from ffmpeg). I would happily host the binaries, but I could just include a link to your site as well.

Could you try and extract a sarge-backports library? That sounds like an 'easy' alternative, provided it works.

http://packages.debian.org/sarge-backports/libavcodec0d

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:56 pm 

andre wrote:
The /etc/rc.[1-6] folders are Debian specific; there are (or should be) additional files in /etc/rc.d/[1-6]/, so it should work anywhere.

OK - in that case the file /etc/rc.d/rc3.d (as required by TeraStation was missing :)

I am going to spend some serious time today to see if I can get ushare up and running on my TeraStations (and one of my LinkStations). I need a DLNA compliant media server, and would prefer to abandon the Mediabolic one included on Home Server machines. I will let you know how it goes. Also, just to make things a bit easier I am going to create an installation shell script that incorporates the instructions on your page to make things a bit less typing-error prone.

Quote:
It would be great if you could compile libavcodec0d (Debian name; from ffmpeg). I would happily host the binaries, but I could just include a link to your site as well.

What I will probably do initially is update the 'ushare' entry on my buffalo web page - pointing to your site for anything that is unchanged, and my site for anything that I have added/modified. We can then rationlise it so that only one of us is hosting the complete set of required files.

Quote:
Could you try and extract a sarge library? That sounds like an 'easy' alternative, provided it works.
I will try this first. I have done it for many other libraries, but I am not sure if the one we need is available under sarge.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

Try the backports first, check out libavformat0d and its depenencies:

http://packages.debian.org/sarge-backpo ... avformat0d

If it works for this library, I can just prepare an alternative set of libraries for the TS.

I have obviously forgotten to include the start file, I'll add it soon. Anyone on v8 can just add it like this:

cp -a /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/S20ushare /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:11 pm 

I am having more problems than I had expected in extracting the files I want from the debian archives. The deb2targz script I had used in the past no longer seems to work - I guess something changed slightly that is upsetting it. I am therefore trying to get the devian "alien" command to work instead - but am finding that I am missing a lot of perl modules I am having to work through finding and installing.

One thing I did find while investigating is that you have the same binary (dnla enabled) in both the withdlna and the nondlna packages - probably happend by accident? I found it when I was trying to test my install shell script with the nondlna version - and wondered why it was asking for all the extra multimedia libraries. Taking the nondlna binary from an earlier itteration (v5) and it all worked fine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

It's most likely because I ran ./configure ... --disable-dlna yet not make dist-clean. Unexpected result... Now corrected (v10)

Why not use ar to extract the files?