Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:35 pm 
Total Newbie

Hi,
I'm a software developer, maintaining a file search program for the Mac.

A customer with a LS-QV8.0TL/R5, firmware 1.64, has a problem when searching NAS volumes with the AFP-searchfs function (I don't know its exact name, searchfs is the BSD function and FSCatalogSearch the Carbon level function).

It appears that found items returned by it become inaccessible shortly afterwards, e.g. after a few minutes.

I suspect this is a timeout issue that either affects the FSRefs I'm holding on the OSX end or that the FSRef times out on the server (netatalk) end.

To be sure, I'd have to be able to reproduce this issue myself.

Short of buying a Linkstation, I wonder if I can set up a linux system with a netatalk configuration that matches that of the named system.

So, how do I find out which netatalk version it runs, and which configuration it uses, without having access to the device?

Or is this already a known issue, and could someone give me more background on it?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:30 pm 
Total Newbie

Turns out that it's not a timeout issue. Right after receiving a found item, the FSRef I get is already unusable - and accesses, e.g. to get its parent dir or to get the path, result in errors (-43, file not found). This looks more like some internal data structures gone bad.

Is there any way to ask the NAS to reset its tables it uses for catsearch (I believe there is, for instance, a CNID lookup file)? There seems to be nothing in the web admin interface.