Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:06 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:31 pm 
Total Newbie

I've bought a used TeraStation Pro II, which came with no drives. I have a single 1TB drive, and was hoping you could use the box with less than a full complement of drives - is this possible, with either custom or stock firmware?

I have managed to get mine to boot by creating the structure manually and copying the firmware onto the drive, but it only gets into the emergency mode, and whenever I try flashing the firmware, I get the following error:

Failed to formatting. (ACP_STATE_FAILURE)

I'm concerned that now I've bought it, I'm going to have to buy another 3 drives, as it seems to complain about the 3 missing ones... :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:54 am 

I believe you need at least 3 drive to boot it up but it will complain anything less than 4, drive are cheap, it like $60 for like 1.5 TB, check all the deal website to get a few. I am telling you it worth it, to have at least 2TB in that machine, if you plan to use it as a REAL NAS, movies, software backup and etc

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:37 am 
Total Newbie

I got it working with 2 disks editing shell scripts which are creating arrays/partitions.
I believe you can make the same with 1 disk.
Recently I received few extra disks and just to try I installed all 4 and FW update worked like a charm with no need to edit any script.
With a little hassle you can make it work with 1 disk, but Im sure its worth to get few extra disks.