Thanks for the reply.
1. i was thinking that i will flash u-boot from kuro-em.
the issue now is that it doesn't have cmp installed on it, but has ftp.
so i was thinking that after i flash u-boot i can dump contents of flash into some file and ftp it to a linux box where i will do the comparison.
2. will this work for u-boot:
dd if=/dev/fl2 of=/mnt/u-boot-for-cmp.bin bs=1k
3. will this work for firmimg.bin:
dd if=/dev/fl1 of=/mnt/firmimg-for-cmp.bin bs=1k
4. Also do we have md5sum for these files
5. just want to be sure that i have the correct file, don't want to take any risk.
1. You can certainly flash from EM or from the regular mode. Booting while in regular mode give access to a few more widget/commands, like cmp. I've done the ftp thing while in EM mode, it should work.1.9 flash uboot and get your netconsole connectivity first...
You probably already know that you can flash the firmimg.bin while in uboot. If uboot is properly installed, you can recover from just about anything. Do you know how to tftp-boot? there are directions for doing that in the foonas-em link below.
2. You should confirm this against the documentation. I have flashed 2 LS1's, and had no problem.
b. yes, or you can use this : http://foonas.org/index.php/Category:Foonas-em
which is superior to the 188.8.131.52 thing
c. yes, or you can use this, http://downloads.buffalo.nas-central.or ... 1.0.tar.gz
5. You are right to be careful.
The important thing is to not power your box off if there is a problem w/ the flash - just make sure the flash is good before you shut down.
LS1 (foonas, nfs, Tranmission
print server, Firefly
for my Roku
Various LS-Pros v1,v2 (unbricked w/ serial & jtag)
KuroPro, LS2 & KuroHG (foonas)
Working on davysweather.dyndns.org
lately... => wooohooo!
Unknown command 'wooohooo!' - try 'help'