As elsewhere in this process, it's quite likely I made a mistake at some point. No doubt fate is messing with me for wanting to tear up a perfectly good, functional foonas installation
I created partitions of size 5G, 512M and whatever's left, ~460G in busybox's fdisk, and marked 1 and 3 as ext3, 2 as swap. Then I used mk2efs on 1 and 3 to make ext3 filesystems with blocksize=2k.
I tried uploading the tgz from http://downloads.buffalo.nas-central.or ... TmpImages/
, but the version of tar available on the foonas busybox lacks the -z option so I resorted to unpacking with 7zip to a folder in Win7 and ftp-ing the contents into /mnt/sda1. I imagine this could have caused permissions problems.
I don't have a serial header installed, so I've been getting all of my output from watching wireshark. I don't have the exact output, but it would count down, say that it couldn't find /boot/uImage or /boot/kuroboxHD.dtb, and then proceed to boot foonas. Then I noticed that /boot on sda1 (rather than in flash) was empty, so I grabbed latest-kernel-uboot andlatest-modules from hvkls.dyndns.org, the webinstaller site and unpacked those to their respective directories, again via Win7.
Now, when I boot it still counts down, but prints "Loading 0:1boot/uImage" slowly, one character per packet. Then
0 bytes read
2371 bytes read
## Booting image at 00800000
And it proceeds to boot foonas.
I would have posted earlier, but after all the effort from the community and you davy, in particular I wanted to be especially thorough. I think I read every posted document on freelink, but since foonas doesn't use the stock block device nomenclature I didn't want to risk re-bricking the device.