Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

This is why I modified the ram image. It has an option in boot_options to tidy up these files.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

yeah i know. it was a mistake that i installed an old ram image...and i wanted to flash the box again afterwards...thats why i had this problem.

but good that i had it because now we know we can fix this via acp_commander....this might be a usefull task that could be done with it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:43 am 
Site Admin

i started to code a gui for acp_commander.

currently it is only a gui without functionallity.
source can be found here:
http://buffalo.nas-central.org/download/uploads/LS_Pro_temporary/LSCustomUpdater/acp_gui.java

i need to add the dependencies between the options...currently everything is possible to change...

i will most likely finish it tomorrow or monday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:01 pm 
Site Admin

This will be great. i assume the execute command is a telnet command line? Are you going to add any auto update features for those that do not want to 'play'?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

i just started with it.

lb_worm wrote:
i assume the execute command is a telnet command line?

it will be a command that is executed remotely on the box.
georg already coded this. i am not exactly sure if it works, but i am quite sure we will be able to do that.
then we more or less have an ACP_shell.

lb_worm wrote:
Are you going to add any auto update features for those that do not want to 'play'?

this is directly dependant on the progress with acp_commander. for now i will try to support all current alpha functions of acp_commander, then i will incorporate the Gui into the code. i coded the Gui in a seperate class because i still want to be able to execute the acp_commander from commandline only....say, you will be able to start the gui with
Code:
java -jar acp_commander -gui

currently we are just trying to do this on the LS Pro...but it is planned to enhance this for the other boxes...this means that there will be a menu where you can choose between (LS1/LS2/HG/HS/LSPro)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:02 am 
Site Admin

still not connected with acp_commander.java, but i improved the interface a little.

if someone looks at my sourcecode and thinks it is a mess i can only say: agreed ;)
http://linkstationwiki.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/linkstationwiki/acp_commander/trunk/src/acp_gui.java?view=ma rkup

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:37 am 
Developer

I like the gui. If you want to have one jar at the end.... Do you think of calling acp_commander subs directly or do you think about calling it via "command-line".

Hmm, something is still weired about my TortoiseSVN config. I tried to update the packets yesterday. On checking out I didn't get the older acppacket classes. Then I got Tortoise to show the altered classes as "changed" and on uploading them it complained that the files were already there (of course).
Just checked. The upload didn't work. :down:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:55 am 
Site Admin

same here. but i made a mistake....i will download the repo to a local folder and upload it again then...
hopefully it will work then.

Georg wrote:
If you want to have one jar at the end.... Do you think of calling acp_commander subs directly or do you think about calling it via "command-line".

i thought about adding an extra step. move everything except the check for "-gui" from "public void main" to a method....then i can create the "String[] args" array via my gui and call the method directly.

if there is no "-gui"-switch we just forward the "String[] args" to the new method by calling it.

that makes it possible to use acp_commander both from the commandline and via gui...somthing which i would like to retain because it is easiest with that design.

Georg wrote:
Hmm, something is still weired about my TortoiseSVN config. I tried to update the packets yesterday. On checking out I didn't get the older acppacket classes. Then I got Tortoise to show the altered classes as "changed" and on uploading them it complained that the files were already there (of course).
Just checked. The upload didn't work.

i just set it up as it should be.
1) choose a folder where you want to store your local repository
2) right mouseclick on it -> svn checkout
3) URL of repository: https://linkstationwiki.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/linkstationwiki/acp_commander/trunk/

if you now change anything you will see that instantly when you look at the directory window.

updating works that way:
1) right click on the folder you want to commit (use the root folder..thats the easiest way) and press svn commit
2) all will be updated then....

only then the diffs work:
http://linkstationwiki.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/linkstationwiki/acp_commander/trunk/src/acp_gui.java?view=di ff&pathrev=49&r1=48&r2=49&diff_format=h

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:31 pm 
Developer

As that ACP_STATE_FAILURE problem with the buffalo firmware still hassles the users I'm thinking about implementing the solution into the acp_commander...

Should be easy: Add another argument to command-line and send the commands jonli gave in his solution.

Should work as for the normal update it seems that it is possible to write via ACP into /boot - if they don't do any trick like writing the files into /tmp and copy them over during shutdown/booting.

Working on ACP_DISCOVER and the whole ACP_xxx_REPLY stuff....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:55 pm 
Developer

Just uploaded version 0.2 (java and jar) to SVN for testing.

new options are

-cb ... clear /boot (will remove the files jonli suggested from /boot and show the output of df afterwards for control).
-s ... the simple implementation of a basic shell. Of course you can't change directory (unless e.g "cd /boot; rm -rf ...."
leave with "exit".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

good job, will look at it.:up:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:05 pm 
Developer

Careful! Didn't take much time to test it... But the changes weren't that complicated.

Should do something about the handling of received packets.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:39 pm 
Site Admin

Duly noted.:up:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:37 pm 
Site Admin

Georg wrote:
ACP_DISCOVER

What do you mean by this? I wrote a similar (but in C) for the LS and the LS discovery process was achieved by doing a broadcast ping which the box responds to. Is this what you want to do?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:02 am 
Developer

lb_worm wrote:
What do you mean by this? I wrote a similar (but in C) for the LS and the LS discovery process was achieved by doing a broadcast ping which the box responds to. Is this what you want to do?

Female answer: NoYes ;)

The set of ACP-Commands includes an ACP_DISCOVER, which retrieves info about hard- and firmware version, IP-settings etc. LSUpdater uses this to discover the LS in the network by broadcasting this packet and collecting the answering LS. The reply is then used to display the info in the main dialog of the updater.

I think there are a couple of other interesting commands namely: ACP_Change_IP, SPECIAL_CMD_EMMODE, SPECIAL_CMD_NORMMODE, ACP_PART, SPECIAL_CMD_REBOOT. I'd like to incorporate these before moving on to the real interesting (and probably toughest) bit: ACP_FIRMUP_End, ACP_FIRMUP2, ACP_FILE_SEND, ACP_FILESEND_END. That would complete the custom updater for the stock firmware side.

What might be interesting, especially for those who'd like to stay with the (modified) stock firmware: SPECIAL_CMD_SAVECONFIG, SPECIAL_CMD_LOADCONFIG, SPECIAL_CMD_FACTORYSETUP, SPECIAL_CMD_MUULTILANG, SPECIAL_CMD_SHUTDOWN.

In the meanwhile I discovered that while the LSUpdater (and therefore acp_commander) uses UDP, ls_sonar uses more or less the same packets but on TCP (unfortunately only with a very limited set of commands). If I had to chose the protocol, I'd taken TCP because of the overhead. With UDP you never know if your packet found its way, if the packet was cripled etc, etc... . ls_sonar shows that buffalo has (also) implemented this in TCP. I wonder why the did the same for UDP and what protocoll the other boxes rely on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next