Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:16 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:48 pm 

Hello,

I am using Duncan's 2.6.16.57-lsp_eabi-dh_v4 kernel for it has the usblp module, with great success. Thank you duncan_h !

Now I want to explore usbip, an extremely interesting project which allows one to talk remotely to any USB device connected to LS and use it with its windows drivers.

http://usbip.sourceforge.net/

Did anybody compile usbip kernel modules and its daemon for this or a similar kernel ? Searching for usbip on the forum shows some interest but apparently nobody actually tried to use it ?

If duncan_h would become interested, it probably does not take to much time to copy over the source for the kernel modules, and the daemon, and compile them on the machine. I will also read how to setup a compiler chain on the linkstation, and might try to reproduce what duncan_h did.

Andreas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:13 am 

HI all,

after working with Linkstations since LS2-MIPS and tweaking stock installations, I have a quite basic request for and on behalf of all those people, who don't want to change the kernel or their full installations:

Looking to arm9 boxes we have something like 3-4 main kernel versions in the stock firmwares:
2.6.12.x
2.6.22.x
right ?

So, given the fact, that most of the "standard" users simply don't want to touch the kernel itself, many of those users would love to add modules to those kernels.

Is there a place and a way that you guys, being the real pro's on compiling kernels / modules, can provide tarballs with modules for the stock-kernels (mainly latest firmwares) for the common versions of arm9-boxes ?
And in such a way, that the "users" just have to copy those ones into the right directories ?

This starts with usb-serial ... and goes up to sound/nfs/etc.

Because I think many of the "users" simply don't dare/know/want to change the kernel itself.

Thanks,
best,
N.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:18 am 

nobody0472 wrote:
HI all,
So, given the fact, that most of the "standard" users simply don't want to touch the kernel itself, many of those users would love to add modules to those kernels.

Agree
Quote:
Is there a place and a way that you guys, being the real pro's on compiling kernels / modules, can provide tarballs with modules for the stock-kernels (mainly latest firmwares) for the common versions of arm9-boxes ?

For at least some devices, there are tarballs of compiled modules. For example:

http://downloads.buffalo.nas-central.org/Users/mindbender/arm9/KERNEL/2.6.16.16-arm1-mb_v1/

Download and extract the "modules" tarball from this link. Then find the appropriate "*.ko" file to load using insmod.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:22 am 

Good info. Thanks for your sharing.

hulle6 lg g5 hülle

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25