Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:14 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:48 pm 

Hi Itimpi,

I followed the intruction on your website to install the libupnp, I used the command of:

tar -xzvf download_location/downloaded_package.tgz --directory=target_directory

where the target_directory is /usr/local, I check this directory, the package are there all. But some how the ushare installation .sh keep asking me to install the libupnp first!

am I install the libupnp in the right directory?

please advice! and thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:08 am 

There was a bug in the Update script in the uploaded package (it had 'user' where it should have had 'usr'). I have uploaded a fixed version so try downlaoding it again and see if that helps.

Note that if you try to install the libdlna package is not set up like most of the others as it needs to be relative to /

I think that I will add an Update_xxx.sh type script to those packages to make sure they go to the right place.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:04 am 

hi itmpi,

after downloaded a new version still no luck, same old errors message!

I used Notepad to view the Update_ushare.sh file, I see the line saying...
Check for libupnp installed
# (always required)
if (test -f ${BASEDIR}/usr/local/lib/libupnp.so

I then check that dicretory but there no libupnp.so file(see the copy below)

BUFFALO INC. TeraStation series TS-TGL(IENARI)

TS-TGL99E login: myroot
root@TS-TGL99E:/usr/local/lib# ls -l
total 352
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Jan 26 07:22 libixml.so -> libixml.so .2.0.4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Jan 26 07:22 libixml.so.2 -> libixml. so.2.0.4
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 237528 Sep 9 22:41 libixml.so.2.0.4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Jan 26 07:22 libthreadutil.so -> libt hreadutil.so.2.2.3
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Jan 26 07:22 libthreadutil.so.2 -> li bthreadutil.so.2.2.3
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 122742 Sep 9 22:41 libthreadutil.so.2.2.3

I then try to untar the libupnp parkage again to see if they are the same

root@TS-TGL99E:/usr/local/lib# cd /
root@TS-TGL99E:/# cd /mnt/disk2/phimle/terastation
root@TS-TGL99E:/mnt/disk2/phimle/terastation# ls -l
total 2752
-rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nogroup 2618481 Sep 9 10:16 ffmpeg-0.5_ppc.tgz
-rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nogroup 55454 Sep 9 14:23 libdlna-0.2.3_ppc.tgz
-rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nogroup 135974 Sep 9 12:52 libupnp-1.6.6_ppc.tgz
root@TS-TGL99E:/mnt/disk2/phimle/terastation# cd /
root@TS-TGL99E:/# tar -xzvf /mnt/disk2/phimle/terastation/libupnp-1.6.6_ppc.tgz --directory=/usr/local
lib/
lib/libixml.so
lib/libixml.so.2
lib/libixml.so.2.0.4
lib/libthreadutil.so
lib/libthreadutil.so.2
lib/libthreadutil.so.2.2.3
root@TS-TGL99E:/#

they are the same! so what I had done wrong there??
thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:06 am 

When did you download the libupnp package? Did you notice that I had also updated that - the original version uploaded was truncated. The listing you gave appears to correspond to the truncated version.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:15 am 

Hi itimpi

I just downloaded the a new OpenTera_v2.zip, it's seem to be a same, that mean the package lable as libupnp-1.6.6_ppc.tgz same as what I had installed in to my TeraPro before as you say it belong to truncated version.

where can I find linupnp package?? as I can not wait to try ushare on my TeraPro.

thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:27 am 

It is a bit further down ion the same page you got the Opentera_v2 package from.

I have not got around to updating the OpenTera package because of the issue I am investigating as to why it made one users system stop loading.

Note that there may well be packages on that page that are later than the versions included in an OpenTera package download. I tend to update the packages individually, and then at some appropriate point collect them into the OpenTera download package. At the bottom of the description for each package is the date at which that package was last updated.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:15 pm 

hi itimpi

what port that ushare is listening to? I can not get ushare on web browser, may be some things that I had done wrongly in the ushare.conf files (see the copy below) and point out what I should change please!

BUFFALO INC. TeraStation series TS-TGL(IENARI)

TS-TGL99E login: myroot
root@TS-TGL99E:~# vi /etc/ushare.conf
# /etc/ushare.conf
# Configuration file for uShare

# uShare UPnP Friendly Name (default is 'uShare').
USHARE_NAME=uShare

# Interface to listen to (default is eth0).
# Ex : USHARE_IFACE=eth1
USHARE_IFACE=eth0

# Port to listen to (default is random from IANA Dynamic Ports range)
# Ex : USHARE_PORT=49200
USHARE_PORT=49200

# Port to listen for Telnet connections
# Ex : USHARE_TELNET_PORT=1337
USHARE_TELNET_PORT=1337

# Directories to be shared (space or CSV list).
# Ex: USHARE_DIR=/dir1,/dir2
USHARE_DIR=/mnt/disk1/phimtap,/mnt/disk2/phimle,/mnt/disk3/canhac,/mnt/disk4/phim

# Use to override what happens when iconv fails to parse a file name
"/etc/ushare.conf" line 1 of 23 --4%--

I also try to run a command of /etc/init.d/ushare restart, this is what I had in return:

root@TS-TGL99E:~# /etc/init.d/ushare restart
Restarting UPnP daemon: ushare.
root@TS-TGL99E:~# Interface eth0 is down.
Recheck uShare's configuration and try again !
uShare (version 1.1a), a lightweight UPnP A/V and DLNA Media Server.
Benjamin Zores (C) 2005-2007, for GeeXboX Team.
See http://ushare.geexbox.org/ for updates.
Listening on telnet port 1337
Initializing UPnP subsystem ...
UPnP MediaServer listening on 10.1.1.2:49200
Sending UPnP advertisement for device ...
Listening for control point connections ...
Building Metadata List ...
Looking for files in content directory : /mnt/disk1/phimtap
Looking for files in content directory : /mnt/disk2/phimle
Looking for files in content directory : /mnt/disk3/canhac
error iconv: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character
Freeing entry invalid name id=0 [Elvis Phuong & Ngoc Lan - Mot Hom Nao (L't Indien).mp3]
error iconv: Invalid or incompletenh Kh£c Cho Em - Elvis Phuong - Kh nh Ly.mp3]
Looking for files in content directory : /mnt/disk4/phimtap2
Found 2042 files and subdirectories.

root@TS-TGL99E:~#

look like ushare is working, but I can see some errors there, I had no idea what errors for and how to fix them, can you help?

I also try to point my web browser to port IP_address:49200 but get no connect message, what wrong there?

please help as I had a felling that we almost there, thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:33 pm 

In the case of uShare I am not sure it uses a fixed port. Note that a browser cannot play files off a media server as it does not understand the protocol that the media server uses.

However the information you posted shows that it has started up and published itself via UPNP. It also says that it has found a lot of files in the path you have specified as media. The errors about having problems parsing some file names when looking for media is probably because they have strange characters in the filenames. I simply ignore such errors. Have you actually tried the media player to see if it can see it? If you have another PC running Windows 7 it will show media servers under the network view so you could see if it shows up there (I do not know if Vista also did this).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:11 pm 

hi itimpi

Yes it work very well :biglol: :biglol: :biglol: , my D-link DMS 320 can see ushare allmost instantly and I have a feeling that ushare is working faster and more stable compare to the Twonky in my network. The menu show my acture dircretories and folders which easy for me to move around and the best of all.... It's free!!! :D :D :up: :up:

my laptop runing win7 also showing up ushare in the network view and show all media files in the windows media player.

can I confi ushare further? like changing or adding more shared folders; if yes! how? as I can not connected to the server v web browser, I don't really want to telnet and edit the ushare.conf very time I want to change things!

thanks very much for your help...... again!
RX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:36 pm 

rxpham wrote:
Yes it work very well :biglol: :biglol: :biglol: , my D-link DMS 320 can see ushare allmost instantly and I have a feeling that ushare is working faster and more stable compare to the Twonky in my network. The menu show my acture dircretories and folders which easy for me to move around and the best of all.... It's free!!! :D :D :up: :up:

Glad it is up and running.
Quote:
my laptop runing win7 also showing up ushare in the network view and show all media files in the windows media player.

I tried this but Windows Media Player did not give me the folder view for navigation. Having said that I did not look any further as I was not really interested in using that instead of my Buffalo LinkTheater Media player.
Quote:
can I confi ushare further? like changing or adding more shared folders; if yes! how? as I can not connected to the server v web browser, I don't really want to telnet and edit the ushare.conf very time I want to change things!

I have never tried any way except to edit the ushare.conf file. I never really found that to be an issue as once I had set up the locations of my media it was unlikely to change with any frequency. There appear to be references in the documentation to being able to control ushare via a browser or a telnet connection but I have never tried that.

If you leave your TeraStation Pro running all the time you probably need to set up a timer task (cron job in linux terms) to restart the media server periodically so that it can pick up changed content.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:49 am 

hi itimpi

Ushare give me what I want when I bought Terastation Pro, I just can not expect more, importantly is that I had learn alot from you and alot of fun by playing with it.

thanks for your time and expertise.

rx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:45 am 

Hi itimpi,

I just find out that there is a way to control ushare from web browser.

you just neet to enter:

http://ip_address:port/web/ushare.html

It will give you a basic control of ushare like unshared and add more shared folders
RX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:26 am 

Hi itimpi

I try to shurt down my Terastaion this morning after keep it on for 5 days, the Tera denial to turn off.

I pressed the power bottom for a few seconds and release after a short sound, but the Tera did not turn off as usual.

this is first time it happen. Do you think it has some things to do with ushare media server? Because it happen after I install Ushare.

What do I do in this event, just turn the Tera off from the power point or is there any other ways?

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:57 am 

I have ushare isntalled on all my systems and have no issues with turning them off.

Note that you can also turn the system off via the web GUI or by using the command
shutdown -h now
from a telnet session.

However it is still a bit worrying in case it is a symptom of something that might stop the system powering on again!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:03 am 

hi Itimpi

I think Ushare media server is reponsible for stopping my Terastation to shut down, here is what happened to my Tera:

With Uhare already installed and runing well, I try to shut down my tera by pressing the power bottom and release when
there was a short sound (normal way) the tera denial to shut down, I then follow your instruction to shut down by using
Web GUl. In the web GUl, under maintenance-shutdown: there are two option: shutdown and restart.

I choose shutdown, the web browser confimed that the Tera had shutdown but actually the Tera still run and working normlly
(I can access to all the HDDs and share folders).

I then force to choose restart, the Tera had restarted, but when it bootup, it had error message saying "error E04. Can't load KERL)
and stopped there with a continue sound, I tried reboot normal for 3 time with a same result.

I had no choose but boot the system into EM mode, lucky I had the system up and runing in EM mode, I then gave the system a flash of
the Telnet enable version firmware from your website. the flash went smoothly and the system up and runing normally without any data
lost(thanks God for this).

Now without Ushare and other third party software installed, I try to shutdown the Tera normal way and via Web GUl. the shutdown went
smoothly without any problem for both normal and Web GUI ways.

I then re-install Ushare, make sure it working ok by checking the connection with my media player and via Web browser. I then try to
shutdown the Tera, the Tera denial to shutdown for both method(normal and Web GUI)

I then try to telnet the Tera and stop the Ushare from runing by commnand /etc/init.d/ushare stop, the Tera again denial to shutdown

With the Telnet connection still on, I pressed the power bottom on the Tera, the telnet response with the message saying that the Tera
had shutdown but accually the Tera was still on and working (I still can access to all the share folders)

I did not try the command of shutdown -h now because you had said it may stop the system powering on again.

Now with Ushare still runing in my Tera, thera are no ways I can shut down the system.

The story is little long, but that is a only way to describe my situation.

Hopefully you can help to find out the solution for this problem

thanks

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next