Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:07 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:48 pm 

Due to a combination of several problems I have now a nearly brandnew TS Pro v1, running firmware v 1.04, telnet enabled. It works again (ouff!). But I noticed that since I had installed openssh, the LCD stopped working properly. The display is bright light-green but without any text oder other info (no "welcome" message while booting, no ip address, nothing). When I press the "Display" button, it just beeps.

I remember that it had been like that for years until the crash (and I didn't know why). But after the crash (and extended data recovery and complete reformatting of the drives) the LCD display worked as long as I used just the telnet enabled v 1.04 but had not yet installed openssh. I used these files OpenSSH-4.3p2_ppc.tar.tgz, Update_Openssh.sh (which were both packed in Openssh_ppc_tera_v1.zip). I have no idea how the Openssh install script could influence the LCD display but that was the only thing a changed after the installation.

Any idea how I could fix this?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:50 pm 
Total Newbie

Your problem might not be related to ssh. My LCD is blacked out. No characters - just all black pixels where the characters should be. This started after I upgraded to firmware 1.12, then was informed by Buffalo Tech that 1.12 is unstable and I should go back to 1.04, which I did. That's when the problem raised its ugly head.