Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 7:00 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: My TS Pro has gone wonky
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:52 pm 
Total Newbie

I was having issues writing to the TS, it would eventually time out and Windows would tell me the network share was no longer available, although I could read from it e.g. watch a movie over the network, I went into the web interface and did a restart, but this did not solve the issue so I decided to shut the device down via the web interface and this took me several attempts as the webpage was failing to load.
I powered the box back on and all the lights were green, however although the LCD on the TS thinks everything is fine, it is not. I can only ping the TS 1 in about 20 pings and I get a 1000ms response, then maybe a 2ms respone and then nothing but time outs.
I decided to reset the box using the red recessed button under the LCD, this changed the ip address but I still got the same timeouts as above, I then removed all the drives and tried booting the TS without any drives but still I got the timeouts and cannot access the TS via telnet (I have the 1.12 Telnet enabled firmware), or the web interface.
I then tried booting the device whilst holding down the red buttom, EM mode is displayed and then System ROM Checking, but it just sits there saying Rom checking. (I have left it for at least 30mins). I then held down the power button to force a power off and then powered the TS back up - now I am getting an Chip Error E21 Ethernet failure - I assume this has been the underlying cause and has now given up the ghost. Can anyone advise how to repair this, is this possible? - or am I now the unhappy owner of a paper weight? any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:14 pm 
Total Newbie

I put all the drives back in and powered up, now its telling me HD 1 has failed and is running in degraded mode - E23 and array error E13 - the link/act light is flashing and I can sometimes ping the TS as stated in above post - I rebooted the box and got the E21 ethernet error again, rebooted again and tells me I have a 100MB link speed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:05 pm 

It does sound ominously as though you have some sort of motherboard related problem. As far as I know such issues are not repairable.