Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:46 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Terastation In Trouble
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:00 am 

Hi all. Got a TS-TGL v1 that I successfully modified last year to use 4 750GB disks and ended up with a 2TB RAID 5 array. Sailed along just fine for about a year and a half, then lost drive 3.

I know from reading the wiki that I must manually go in and fix the RAID after replacing the disk, however for some reason I am now unable to telnet into the box. The LCD panel reveals the IP address, although it does show only dashes on one of the 4 info cycles (obivously not the IP address, not the date and time which are wrong, and not the Link Speed).

I then tried to reflash the firmware - the updater finds the box, but will not flash. I get the following error: "Couldn't confirm a response from TeraStation. Please check a network address of both PC and TeraStation. Plase invalidate it when the firewall of PC is effective. Updating is aborted." As I said, the updater does find the box and I am able to ping it successfully - but that is all.

So what to try next? Is it possible to use the serial port to connect in? Am I left only with the mysterious JTAG approach to flashing? If so, have any of you successfully tried it?

Thanks in advance for any help...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:38 pm 

I presume that you've already sorted the problem or abandoned it judging by the time frame, but ensure you have ALL the firewalls turned off on the flashing PC, Including the Windows one.

That stumped me for a while.