Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:28 pm 
Total Newbie

So,

We have this device lying around from an acquisition of another company, it has been in active use as a IT Dumping Ground for a while (ISO's, DB Dumps, whatever) but I'd like to investigate hooking up NAS Based storage to our ESX3.5 Server. I have discovered that the ESX3.5 kit will only mount NFS shares though and my basic firmware 1.04 device doesn't support this.

I have had a dig about and there seems to be a fair amount of home brewing going on here so wondered if someone could point me in the direction of a replacement firmware that will give me the functionality to play around with the ESX <> NAS Storage.

Cheers

GD

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:22 pm 

You can get firmware from my web site (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/itimpi/telnet.htm) that gives you Linux command level access via telnet, and a variety of additional software packages that can be isntalled. There is also a package to give NFS access although you have to configure it manually via a telnet session.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:48 pm 
Total Newbie

That's great I'll have a look into it, we have about 600 GB of data on there at the mo so just need to find somewhere to copy it to before chancing the update.