Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:03 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:05 am 

Am I the only one who has a laggy ls2 after upgrading to lenny / kernel 2.6.30.5?

• my soundbridge has to wait longer when browsing the artists/songs/...
  • top can't refreh once a second, it's more like once in 10 seconds, so i tried htop, but...
  • htop works great when I call "htop -d 3" (which means: refreh every 3/10 seconds), but it takes 15 seconds to refresh when calling "htop -d 7" or "htop -d 5" or "htop -d 10"
  • samba and aptitude seem to take a rest before they start working
  • i can even feel these lags when i type some commands (via ssh) - sometimes the terminal just hangs for 5 seconds and then all the text I typed appears at once

There's some free mem available (~10MB), but swap is already being used. Well, that's not unusual, but maybe swapping on mipsel doesn't work so well...? The load is fine (< 0.5) and there's no process that takes much CPU or MEM. Well, of course when running "htop -d 3" it uses ~20% of CPU time, but load stays low (< 0.1). Sometimes I see softinterrupts (si) or wait-for-i/o (wa), but they've never been > 5% and they always go back down to 0 while the lags remain.

So actually I have no idea where these lags come from. No entries in the logs, no cronjob that might block everything. Besides these lags, my ls2 runs fine and fast: the samba throughput is higher than it was before and decoding flac on-the-fly (by firefly) works with < 10% CPU.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:58 am 

My kernel 2.6.30.5 which is from Davy work fine, don't see the lags mentioned. Seems you might have some network configration issues, please check.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:30 am 

My ls2 has a static ip address, network mask and gateway are correct. I already tried to solve the problem by disabling ipv6, but it made no difference. And I experience the problems on 2 different clients. So... maybe I should try it with a different network cable...