Am I the only one who has a laggy ls2 after upgrading to lenny / kernel 184.108.40.206?
- my soundbridge has to wait longer when browsing the artists/songs/...
- top can't refreh once a second, it's more like once in 10 seconds, so i tried htop, but...
- htop works great when I call "htop -d 3" (which means: refreh every 3/10 seconds), but it takes 15 seconds to refresh when calling "htop -d 7" or "htop -d 5" or "htop -d 10"
- samba and aptitude seem to take a rest before they start working
- i can even feel these lags when i type some commands (via ssh) - sometimes the terminal just hangs for 5 seconds and then all the text I typed appears at once
There's some free mem available (~10MB), but swap is already being used. Well, that's not unusual, but maybe swapping on mipsel doesn't work so well...? The load is fine (< 0.5) and there's no process that takes much CPU or MEM. Well, of course when running "htop -d 3" it uses ~20% of CPU time, but load stays low (< 0.1). Sometimes I see softinterrupts (si) or wait-for-i/o (wa), but they've never been > 5% and they always go back down to 0 while the lags remain.
So actually I have no idea where these lags come from. No entries in the logs, no cronjob that might block everything. Besides these lags, my ls2 runs fine and fast: the samba throughput is higher than it was before and decoding flac on-the-fly (by firefly) works with < 10% CPU.