Below are the disclaimer and "Terms and Conditions" for using software and documentation from the developer section. The wiki and forum versions cover the same things, but are just formatted differently. There is also a downloadable version that you can get at http://buffalo.nas-central.org/download/misc/disclaimer-terms-v1-1.zip
To signup for the Beta Testers Group, see this page: [url=http:/nas-central.org/index.php?title=BetaTesters]http://buffalo.nas-central.org/index.php?title=BetaTesters[/url]
@ramuk, we need to lock the disclaimer and terms section of the wiki page. Only admins/mods of the forum should be able to edit the disclaimer and terms.Disclaimer (Forum Version 1.2)
DISLAIMER OF RISK Terms and Conditions (Forum Version 1.2)
THE USE OF ANY SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION WITHIN THE DEVELOPER SECTION OF NAS-CENTRAL.ORG (FORMERLY LINKSTATIONWIKI.NET) COMMUNITY DOWNLOADS CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING RISKS:
1) THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION MAY NOT BE FULLY TESTED AND THUS MAY NOT FUNCTION AS ADVERTISED.
2) THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION MAY CAUSE THE BUFFALO LINKSTATION AND KUROBOX EQUIPMENT TO FAIL, INCLUDING , BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
a) LINKSTATION AND KUROBOX EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTION.
b) LINKSTATION AND KUROBOX EQUIPMENT LOCKUPS.
c) LINKSTATION AND KUROBOX HARDWARE DAMAGE.
d) LINKSTATION AND KUROBOX OPERATING SYSTEM FAILURE.
3) THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION MAY CAUSE ALL DATA ON THE BUFFALO LINKSTATION AND KUROBOX EQUIPMENT TO BE DESTROYED.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
THE DEVELOPER SECTION OF NAS-CENTRAL.ORG COMMUNITY DOWNLOADS AND SOFTWARE WITHIN ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. NAS-CENTRAL.ORG MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, ORAL OR WRITTEN, RELATING TO THE SITE OR SOFTWARE WITHIN. NAS-CENTRAL.ORG AND IT'S COMMUNITY TEAM DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NAS-CENTRAL.ORG AND IT'S COMMUNITY TEAM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE, SITE, OR FORUMS. IN NO EVENT SHALL NAS-CENTRAL.ORG OR NAS-CENTRAL.ORG COMMUNITY MEMBERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, EXTRAORDINARY, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) HOWEVER ARISING, WHETHER FOR BREACH OR IN TORT, EVEN IF NAS-CENTRAL.ORG OR IT'S COMMUNITY TEAM HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
NAS-CENTRAL.ORG AND THE NAS-CENTRAL.ORG COMMUNITY TEAM ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE OR OTHER DOCUMENTS WHICH ARE REFERENCED BY OR LINKED TO THE SITE.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Acceptance of Disclaimer
You must accept all terms and conditions and must fully understand all disclaimers before you may download or
use the software and/or documentation within the developer section of nas-central.org community downloads.
All software and documentation within the developer section of the nas-central.org community downloads are provided freely. Download and/or use of such software and documentation implies that you agree, accept, and fully understand all terms, conditions, disclaimers.
1) You may not distribute to any usernames or passwords given to you for access to the developer section of nas-central.org community downloads without expressed permission from an administrator or moderator from the nas-central.org community team. Distribution includes, but is not limited to:
a) Sharing any usernames and/or passwords with persons not belonging to the Beta Testers Group.
b) Posting usernames and/or passwords within the forums.
c) Posting usernames and/or passwords within personal websites, blogs, emails, etc.
Any Beta Testers Group member caught distributing usernames and/or passwords will have their beta testing privileges revoked.
2) You may not ask for technical support in the form of private messages, emails, or forum postings unless:
a) You have searched the forums and nas-central.org BugTracker for similar issues and did not find an answer, and
b) You have attempted to fix the problem yourself, and
c) You have mentioned the issue in the nas-central.org BugTracker.
3) You are free to post comments in the forums about any software or documentation within the developer section of nas-central.org community downloads. Comments may not allowed include:
a) Technical support questions unless you have satisfied the requirements for technical support in term #2.
b) Repeated support questions.
4) You may not move or copy any software within the developer section of nas-central.org community downloads, in part or whole, to any other location of nas-central.org without permission from an administrator or moderator.
5) You are prohibited from posting links to mirrored content from the developer section of nas-central.org in the nas-central.org forums and/or wiki.
6) You may not violate the nas-central.org forum rules.
7) You may not insist, harass, threaten, or bribe any member to fix any equipment, yours or third-party, or software issues relating to the developer section of nas-central.org community downloads.
Support and Indemnification:
You agree and understand that use of any software or documentation within the developer section may cause your Buffalo Linkstation or Kurobox to become inoperable. Should your Buffalo Linkstation or Kurobox become inoperable, the nas-central.org Community Team may attempt to fix your equipment, either physically or via Internet support, but are not required to bring any equipment back to its prior operable condition. If the nas-central.org Community Team decides to terminate attempts to fix your equipment, you agree not to commence any legal litigation against nas-central.org, any nas-central.org community member, administrator, moderator, or beta tester in any jurisdiction.
All software within the developer section of nas-central.org community downloads is subject to further terms of the GNU General Public License.